If you are MoneyWiz 2 Standard customer who is paying for Online Banking subscription (the feature that allows you to sync your accounts with your banks automatically), you might wish to upgrade to MoneyWiz 3 Premium. Why? Because there’s almost no additional cost and you have lots to gain from the migration!
Wait – I’m happy with what I have. Do I have to upgrade?
Not at all! We’ll be providing maintenance updates (bug fixes) to MoneyWiz 2 Standard for 1 year after MoneyWiz 3 is released. So if you don’t like to change your tools and apps – we’ve got you covered and you can stick to what you have.
Okay – but what about the upgrade to MoneyWiz 3?
Glad you asked! MoneyWiz 3 is packed with lots of improvements, bug fixes and the most exciting of all – new features! First, we’re introducing brand new account type – Forex/Crypto Trading account which allows you to track your currency-based investments. It’s different from the regular stock Investment account type we already had. But that’s not all! Over the course of next weeks we’ll be introducing brand new, beautiful user interface which much more to come later! Only MoneyWiz Premium subscribers will be getting all those new features. MoneyWiz 2 Standard customers will only be receiving maintenance bug fixes to make sure MoneyWiz runs smoothly.
Sounds great! So how do I upgrade?
Please note that MoneyWiz Premium is free to download but in order for it to be operational (sync with other devices via SYNCbits and sync with your banks via Online Banking), you need a subscription. But you know what? You already might have the subscription active!
Please answer this question: do you currently sync your accounts in MoneyWiz using automatic Online Banking feature to download transactions automatically? If the answer is yes then you have an Online Banking subscription. The great thing is that MoneyWiz 3 will recognise this subscription and treat it as if it was Premium!
If you are sure you’d like to upgrade, please do the following:
- Cancel your current Online Banking subscription. Cancelling does not mean it’ll stop working – it just won’t renew automatically (which is exactly what we want). To do this, you’ll need to know where your subscription is coming from. If your subscription is coming from Apple or Google, use the respective guides to cancel your subscription. If your subscription is coming from our store, use the subscription link to cancel it. Please contact us for assistance.
- Verify that you have a SYNCbits account. If you’re using MoneyWiz on multiple devices, you most likely have a SYNCbits account (to sync your data across them). If you’re using MoneyWiz on just one device – you might not have a SYNCbits account. Launch MoneyWiz on that device and check the MoneyWiz sidebar, near the MoneyWiz/your avatar at the top of the sidebar. Do you see your e-mail next to it? If yes – you do have a SYNCbits account! You can move to point 3.
- Don’t have a SYNCbits account? Please click on that avatar to sign up for a new SYNCbits account to upload your data. It’ll make the data migration much smoother.
- Install the new apps. Please use the following links to download Mac, iOS, Android and Windows versions. You can also remove the old MoneyWiz 2 version from all devices.
- Sign in to your SYNCbits account. Launch MoneyWiz on each device and click on the MoneyWiz avatar at the top then choose to Sign In. Enter your SYNCbits credentials and wait for your data to be downloaded.
- Use MoneyWiz. Really! That’s all there is to it. Your Online Banking subscription should get recognised as MoneyWiz Premium so all you need to do now is enjoy MoneyWiz.
What happens when your Online Banking subscription expires? Since we cancelled it, it won’t renew automatically and you’ll see that MoneyWiz will complain about a lack of active subscription – but don’t worry! Just sign up for a new Premium subscription which will allow further uninterrupted use of your new MoneyWiz 3.
How to sign up for a MoneyWiz Premium subscription? Choose one device – preferably the one you’re using MoneyWiz on the most – and go to MoneyWiz Settings -> Subscriptions and purchase a subscription. You need just one subscription! It’ll sync to other devices via SYNCbits.