MoneyWiz for Desktop features a powerful functionality: spreadsheet-like Expert view. It allows you to view and work with transactions in a manner that resembles working with a spreadsheet.
Please note that MoneyWiz for Mobile does not have this view, meaning that you cannot currently bulk-edit transactions on non-desktop platforms.
To access this view, look for two buttons with horizontal and vertical lines next to the search box in the top-right:
You can resize the columns by dragging the handles at the edge of each column. You can right-click on a column header to bring up menu which will allow you to choose which columns to display and which to hide. You should be able to immediately recognise the columns you see and what they resemble but here's a quick note on the three perhaps less obvious columns:
- "✓" column: allows you to check which transactions are reconciled and which are not and reconcile them.
- paperclip column: allows you to check which transactions have an attachment and view transaction attachments by clicking on the icon (if present).
- Status column: will be empty for cleared transactions but will have red dot for pending transactions and grey for Scheduled transactions.
Once you've setup the columns to your liking, you can begin working in this view:
- you can select multiple transactions at once by using your system's standard key bindings for those actions:
- ⌘ cmd + click on Mac or control + click on Windows to select individual transactions,
- ⌘ cmd + A on Mac or control + A on Windows to select all transactions (make sure that the table view is selected),
- click on single transaction then ⇧ Shift + click on another transaction to select both transactions and all transactions in between,
- you can right-click on either individual or bulk-selected transactions to bring up transactions menu,
- you can click and drag transactions to other accounts to move them,
- you can click and drag a transaction to Scheduled transactions section to convert it to a Scheduled transaction.
At any time, you can switch back to Simple view by using the buttons next to search bar. Your changes to column settings will be remembered even after MoneyWiz restart.