Importing your data from Banktivity (formerly iBank) to MoneyWiz is easy. We have a lot of clients coming from Banktivity (formerly iBank) and the import works well for them. Banktivity (formerly iBank) can export accounts to a QIF format. MoneyWiz not only supports import from this file type, it will import the transfers between your accounts as well as split payments you may have on your accounts, payees and categories.
In this guide we’ll cover the following areas:
Before starting to export your accounts, please take a note of their Opening Balance. You would need this information when creating your account in MoneyWiz. For the accounts to come up with the right balance after the import they need to have their Opening Balance set as of the date of the first transaction that you will be importing.
Please note that if you don’t import all accounts, the other accounts might not come up with the correct balances, because of the transfers between them and the accounts you haven’t imported.
Exporting from your current application
- Go to File > Export.
- Choose the file format to Export to. Please choose the QIF file format. The other format (TXF) is not currently supported by MoneyWiz.
- Select the period of time for which you can export an account. You can export the transactions from an account for any time you choose. However, please keep in mind that you would need to know that Current Balance of the account you will be exporting on the date preceding the the start date of the export i.e. the balance of the account before the first transaction that will be in the exported file.
- Select the account(s) you want to export.
- Click next to proceed to choosing a save location for the QIF file. You can choose any location that you would like. Usually the easiest thing to do is to save the file to the Desktop.
- Enter a name for the QIF file and save it to a preferred location.
- Click “Save” and that’s it. The account will be exported.
Importing to MoneyWiz
Review the Import OFX, QFX, QIF, CSV and MT940 files from banks or other applications guide to see how to set up MoneyWiz before you import your data to MoneyWiz.