MoneyWiz Settings window has several sections - such as categories or payees - that you might need to visit at some point. In this article, we'll explain the General section of Settings and what you can do there.
- PIN protection: on mobile devices and on Windows, this is the place where you can enable, disable and change your PIN code protection. Also here you can enable Touch/Face ID support on your iOS device. More information can be found in the PIN protection guide.
- Show running balance: if enabled, you'll see a balance next to each transaction in addition to your current account balance. This allows you to see how your account balance changed after each transaction.
- Show +/- sign of transactions: if enabled, you'll see + sign for incomes and - sign for expenses in your Account register. With this disabled, you'll be able to recognise them thank to the red or green stripe to the far right.
- Combine push notifications for bills: MoneyWiz will inform you once your Scheduled transactions became due by sending a notification. This setting controls what happens if you have several Scheduled transactions becoming due at the same day, on the same time. With this setting disabled, you'll receive a separate notification for each transaction. With this setting enabled, you'll receive just one notification saying "You have n transactions due".
- In the table view, show incomes & expenses in separate columns: MoneyWiz for Desktop features a special Expert view that resembles a spreadsheet (with columns and rows). With this setting disabled, you'll see just one column for amount of incomes and expenses. With this setting disabled, you'll see separate columns for expenses and incomes.
- Use MoneyWiz in: MoneyWiz has been translated to many languages over the years. By default, MoneyWiz will set the language as detected from the system settings but you can change the language here.