Many customers are using separate SYNCbits accounts to separate different sets of data (personal, business, etc). Until now, you had to constantly re-type the passwords as you were switching the accounts. With MoneyWiz 3 newest feature - quick switching of SYNCbits accounts - you don't need to do that anymore!
To use this feature, you need to have access to at least 2 different SYNCbits accounts. We'll begin by creating those 2 SYNCbits accounts - if you already have at least 2 accounts, you can skip and proceed to next step (Adding another SYNCbits account to your database).
Creating SYNCbits accounts
To create a SYNCbits account, you should use the account where some data is already entered (so that it can be uploaded). So please enter some data first and then create your first SYNCbits account. More information on this process can be found here.
Once your first account is created, you still need to create the second one (if you have it, you can skip this step and proceed to the next one). In order to create it, please do the following:
- Sign out of your current SYNCbits account (on Mac, click on SYNCbits menu bar item on top and select Sign out; on iOS, Android and Windows, go to Settings -> SYNCbits -> Sign out).
- Enter some data into the database (it doesn't need to be all of your data - you just shouldn't create completely empty sync accounts).
- Create another SYNCbits account using a different e-mail. For enhanced security, the password for the second sync account should be different than for your first, although MoneyWiz will not stop you if you decide to use the same one.
Once the second account is created, you can proceed to the next step (of course, you can create more than two SYNCbits accounts).
Adding another SYNCbits account to your database
Let's say that you are already using one SYNCbits account on your device (personal) and you wish to add another (business). The steps are as follows:
- On MoneyWiz for Desktop:
- Mac: click on the SYNCbits menu bar item at the top of the screen and select "Add another SYNCbits account",
- Windows: go to MoneyWiz Settings -> SYNCbits and click on "Add another SYNCbits account",
- On MoneyWiz for Mobile (iOS and Android): go to MoneyWiz Settings -> SYNCbits and tap on "Add another SYNCbits account".
You'll be presented with a SYNCbits login form. Now you need to enter credentials for the second account:
Simply enter the credentials for the second account and sign in. You'll be immediately signed out from the previous account (the data will be hidden but not deleted) and signed into the second account. If you are managing more SYNCbits accounts, simply repeat those steps for all of them.
Now we're going to look at how to switch between two sync accounts.
Switching between SYNCbits accounts
If you have added and synced into at least two different SYNCbits accounts on a given device, you'll be able to switch between them without the need to enter your credentials again. Here's how to do this:
- All platforms: click or tap on the round avatar at the top of the sidebar and select the other account.
- Mac: click on SYNCbits menu bar item at the top of the screen, hover over the "Switch account" option and select the other account.
- Windows, iOS and Android: go to MoneyWiz Settings -> SYNCbits -> Switch account and select the other account.