Thank you for considering MoneyWiz 3 and all the new features that come with it!
Migrating from MoneyWiz 2 to MoneyWiz 3 is very quick and easy!
NOTICE: Unless you have an Online Banking or Manual Transactions subscription in MoneyWiz 2, upgrading to MoneyWiz 3 would require you to purchase a new license - either MoneyWiz 3 Standard or MoneyWiz Premium. Before migrating your data, you should decide what kind of license would you like to use for MoneyWiz 3. You can see the options here: https://wiz.money/buy/
Things to keep in mind
- If you go for the Standard license, you will have to purchase MoneyWiz separately on each platform you want to use it (iOS, macOS, Windows, Android).
- If you log into your SYNCbits account in MoneyWiz 3, your account will automatically be upgraded to the database format needed for MoneyWiz 3 to operate properly. Once that happens your SYNCbits account can't be used in MoneyWiz 2 anymore, unless you revert it back to MoneyWiz 2. Here is how to do it.
Migrating: Step by Step
- Open MoneyWiz 2 and make sure you have a SYNCbits account that shows an up-to-date sync timestamp. To do that go to Settings / SYNCbits. If you see a "Sign Up" button it means you don't have a SYNCbits account. You should make one now as this is how you will migrate your data to MoneyWiz 3. If you already have a SYNCbits account, make sure that the last sync timestamp is recent. If it's not please allow it a few minutes to sync and if the time stamp doesn't update you should contact our support at email@example.com for help.
- Install MoneyWiz 3 on your devices:
- Log into your SYNCbits account in MoneyWiz 3 and wait for it to finish syncing.
- Once it's done syncing, make sure your accounts, transactions, balances, budgets etc all look OK. If they don't please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help, chances are that MoneyWiz 2 failed to upload some of your data due to a bug that have happened at some point in the past.
- If everything looks correct in MoneyWiz 3, you can now safely delete MoneyWiz 2 from all of your devices and continue installing MoneyWiz 3 on your remaining devices.