This guide is written with MoneyWiz for Desktop in mind. Need one for Mobile? Click here!
MoneyWiz uses SYNCbits to sync your accounts, transactions and other MoneyWiz data among other devices. By default, it does not sync your transaction attachments (images and PDF files). If you wish to sync them as well, you'll need to connect MoneyWiz to Dropbox.
To sync your attachments, please do the following on all devices you wish to keep in sync:
- Mac: find SYNCbits menu bar item at the top of the screen and make sure you're signed in. Then select Receipt sync and click on Dropbox to link your account.
- Windows: go to MoneyWiz Settings -> SYNCbits and make sure you're signed in. Then click on Receipt sync and link MoneyWiz to Dropbox.
Your images will be placed in the following location: Dropbox root folder/MoneyWiz.
You can now start adding attachments to your transactions (if you haven't done so already - MoneyWiz will sync previous attachments too). To begin, make sure that you've adjusted your Transaction layout settings to allow attaching images and just either edit exiting transactions or create new ones with attached images.
If your transaction attachments are not syncing:
- Double-check that all devices are linked to your Dropbox account (see above).
- Check if you did not run out of free space on your Dropbox account or reached the device limit (Dropbox Free tier imposes a 3 device limit).
- Check if your Dropbox images folder contains the images you are looking for.
- Open MoneyWiz on all devices and let them run for 2-5 minutes and check for any changes. If you did notice improvement, it means MoneyWiz is still uploading/downloading your images so please keep MoneyWiz open for bit longer.
A couple of notes:
- it can take some time to upload all your attachments at first so please be patient,
- there is currently no progress indicator as to how many attachments did MoneyWiz download or upload so please keep MoneyWiz open as long as you can see it actively uses Internet connection,
- there is currently no way to change the location of the folder that MoneyWiz creates in your Dropbox,
- when attaching PDFs only the first page of the document is attached as JPEG,
- you can only add images using MoneyWiz application - placing the photos inside "MoneyWiz" folder in Dropbox using macOS's Finder or Windows' Explorer or Dropbox website will not attach them to any transactions in MoneyWiz.