This guide is written with MoneyWiz for Mobile in mind. Need one for Desktop? Click here!
To create a new Scheduled transaction (which can be an expense, an income or a transfer), please first switch to Scheduled transactions section (using the buttons in the bottom bar). Once you're in this view, you can create Scheduled transactions by tapping on the + button at the bottom and select transaction type.
This will present you with a window where you can fill out the Scheduled transaction details. If you wish to use an existing transaction as a template, please find that transaction first while in regular transactions view. Once you find it, tap on it once to expand and then Options -> Make Scheduled.
You'll then be presented with a new transaction window, pre-filled with details of the original transaction. You can either leave it as it is and save the transaction or change some details of it before saving.
Let's now review the possible options that are visible when creating a scheduled transaction:
- Using the tabs on top you can change the transaction type: expense, income or a transfer.
- Account: select the account participating in the transaction.
- Amount: set the value for the transaction. Click on the currency code if you need a different currency.
- Description: some text to go with your transaction, reminding you what it is for.
- Payee: the merchant/institution/person participating in the transaction.
- Category: the category to go with this transaction.
- Date and time: the date and time that this transaction is scheduled for.
- Auto-pay: (only visible in accounts that are not connected to Online Banking) the transaction will be automatically created once the date and time set above is due.
- Auto-skip: (only visible in accounts that are connected to Online Banking) on the due date, MoneyWiz will check if a similar transaction is already present in your account. If not - it will post it. If yes, it'll skip the scheduled instance in order not to post a duplicate.
- Repeat: whether the transaction should repeat regularly or not.
- Frequency: (only visible for repeating transactions) how often the transaction should repeat. You can type in the text box to change how often and you can click on the "Months" button to change the period: choose from days, weeks, months and years.
- End: when (and whether) the transaction should eventually stop repeating. Select "Never" for transactions you don't foresee to end anytime soon (e.g. your internet bill) because you can always delete them later if needed. For transactions that you know the duration of, select the number of repeats. The number of repeats you set will be the total number of transactions this Scheduled transaction will produce before ending.
Tap on the tick button to close the transaction creation window and save the transaction. If the transaction date and time you've selected was in the past, MoneyWiz will immediately act on the transaction (e.g. paying it, if the "auto-pay" setting was enabled).
A couple of notes:
- if the transaction is repeating, it will repeat regularly on the date and time set in the date and time field (e.g. 5th July -> 5th August),
- at this time it is not possible to schedule a transaction other than specific date and time. This means that it is not possible to schedule it for 3rd Wednesday of the month for example.