If you have made a manual backup of your database before, you can easily restore it to MoneyWiz now. Read on to learn how. Some steps are optional - depending on whether you're using SYNCbits to sync your data or not.
- Only if you are using SYNCbits - skip if you don't: Turn on Airplane mode on your device to prevent MoneyWiz from connecting to the Internet.
- Go to MoneyWiz Settings -> Export (iOS) or Database (Android) -> tap on Replace database. Select file...
- Select the file from internal storage.
- Once MoneyWiz applies the database, completely quit MoneyWiz and start it again.
- You should now see your restored data. If you don't use SYNCbits, that's all you need to do. If you do use SYNCbits, please read on.
- Go to MoneyWiz Settings -> SYNCbits -> tap 10 times on your SYNCbits e-mail until a hidden menu appears. From there, select De-sync. You should see your e-mail disappear from that section and see Sign Up/Sign In instead.
- Your database is now disconnected from your SYNCbits account. If you wish to leave it this way (your data will no longer be uploaded to SYNCbits servers), that's all you need to do. If you do want to continue using SYNCbits, please read on.
- It's now safe to disable Airplane mode. Write an e-mail to us pointing to this article and confirm that you have completed all 7 steps and wish for your SYNCbits account to be deleted.
- Once we write back that it's done, please go to MoneyWiz Settings -> Sign Up and fill out the form. If you are using MoneyWiz on other devices as well, it's critical that you completely reinstall MoneyWiz on those other devices.
Steps 6-9 are required as if you were to disable Airplane mode off before de-syncing, MoneyWiz would simply sync newer data from SYNCbits.